Saturday, December 02, 2006

Joe's Pub, Take 2

There are a lot of other bloggers who have described the second Joe's Pub concert much better than I can. It was an awesome time. Our seats were one of the best tables in the house and we could see all the artists very well. We were about 5' away from them on stage. And, once again, it is like having a party in your house with people just playing music in your living room.



Rachel with Steve (Barnes and Noble) and Dave from Pennsylvania.
(Blogger wouldn't let me arrange the photos as I wanted to!)

I didn't take many pictures. I thought about it during the show, but I wanted to just enjoy the music. After the show, Dave and I went to the M&G and were able to have Mikey, Rachel and Pete sign our photos from LA. Didn't take too many photos at the M&G either. Lots of press photographers there this time. You can see in the photo below that Pete is just swarmed by the M&G folks. The room was small, crowded and hot. But Pete was gracious and charming to all.




I saw Roger at the show and also heard that David Bowie was there in the audience as well. I half expected Roger to get on stage at the end, but he didn't. I wonder what he thought of the show. As a performer, I would think that he would be somewhat jealous of the fun the artists were having. I view the Attic shows as a place where musicians can do what they want to, not necessarily what they think the audience wants to hear. For example, at the recent Who concerts, Pete and Roger continually apologize for their new material. They worry if the audience will be upset if they play the new songs. It's such an intimate setting at a place like Joe's.

4 comments:

Chris Capp said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Hitting the Attic Jams on both coasts! Maybe we need to start an Attic frequent flyers program that accumulates miles that can be redeemed for CDs, DVDs, etc.!

Great photos. I stood face to face with Pete in L.A., but he was heading to the stage so it didn't seem right to introduce myself. So I still haven't actually met him (didn't do the M&G). Maybe when they come back west in the late winter Rachel will do another Attic night.

Meanwhile, memories and photos, both of which you have in abundance!

Thanks for sharing.

- Chris

Bryan said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I just posted another pic of Sean Lennon that I took as he sat to our right. Did a little diddling with photoshop.

Enjoy Chicago and watch out for the wind.

Cheers,

Bryan

Metalchick said...

Alright!
I was wondering when Roger was going to go. I think that Roger not going up on stage was a way for him letting Pete be in the spotlight. What I mean is, as the Who, Roger is in the spotlight, but the Attic shows gives Pete his turn.

Dave from Pennsylvania said...

Best seats in the house.

There was an audience photo up on The Who site from AC. Saw the license plate and the gal on the guy but didn't see us...we were just beyond that.

Dave