Monday, February 05, 2007

My Blog is Turning Political

I've always had strong political views, but this blog was not intended to be a podium for those. I started this blog to be able to post on Rachel's original blog rather than just be a 'lurker'. She's moved sites a few times. And, I've traveled the country to see her Attic shows. I've downloaded her podcasts and I'm planning on buying not only more of her music, but those of the artists that she's had on her shows - artists that I probably wouldn't have explored since I tended to listen primarily to classic rock and/or the rap that my daughter and son prefer.

My first post says I probably won't put much out on the blog. But, then I started posting my Fuller/Who travels. But there was a long hiatus between shows. Instead, to fill my blog airspace, I've started voicing my political and sometimes slightly philosophical, maybe sophomoric viewpoints.

Good thing that Rachel, Pete and the rest of the Attic gang will be coming to Joe's Pub in just 15 days! I have another concert to go to before that, but I'm looking forward to NYC. The month after that, I'm headed to SXSW for four days of music, with of course, another Attic show.

6 comments:

Delbut said...

Hi Cath. Ta for the birthday wishes. xxx

And i'm jealous you are off to see Rach soon. You lucky thing. Have fun.

Ahvarahn said...

If you are going to go all political you might have to consider renaming your blog :) although there are those in politics who look like total comedians –or jokes should I say.

Very jealous that you are going to Joes III –those are very sought after tickets. Enjoy, take photos (some of the audience would be different). If you lucky there might be the added treat of Regina Spektor at the show (she's a NYC girl)

Be well

Space Cowboy said...

Looking forward to ITA3 @ Joe's as well. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you in the small square footage are by the bar.

As for your blog: Are you regretting your being more vocal about current news and politics? It's hard to tell whether or not you're comfortable with that.

Cathy with a C said...

Delbut and Ahvarahn, I wish you were going to be at Joe's Pub as well. Ahvarahn - it is sadly true that too many of our politicians provide only fodder to the late night comedians, rather than any benefit to their constituents.

Space Cowboy, I don't know that I regret it. It was more an observation and perhaps an explanation to those who were visiting my blog. It is fascinating to see the google searches that lead people to my blog.

Cathy xo

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to add our band to your links site.

As for SXSW, it's doubtful we'll make it as a last-minute substitute but you never know.

Sully

Space Cowboy said...

Cathy - I totally hear ya on being fascinated with how people find their way to your blog. It's very cool, especially when looking at the international visits.

Jon
(aka GS.Scooter)