Friday, February 23, 2007

Joe's Pub, Show #3

The third time is the charm! What an awesome show, totally amazing, as so many of the other bloggers have said. Their postings on Rachel's blog or on their own sites are far more eloquent than I can be. Found two new artists to add to my ipod collection - Rachael Yamagata and Amos Lee. That's one of the best things about the Attic shows. I always hear an artist that I might not have found otherwise. Even if I was familiar with the name, I may not have heard their music.

Again, it was a very intimate show. This time I didn't have a front-row table, but I stood in the back by the door. I had a perfect view of the entire stage and a counter to lean against and put my drink on. It was also not as crowded in that section so we had room to move around. One benefit of not being at a table! At the tables, you really had no room to move your chair and have any space.

I didn't recognize many celebrities in the table section, but I heard Matt Dillon was there. I wasn't spending much time looking for celebs though, was more interested in the music. Jimmy Fallon was great and I understand he went on Conan this week and talked about the show. Would have liked to hear that clip. There was someone behind me that must have been from the music industry. People kept coming up to him asking him if he was ok and if he was enjoying the show.

Pete played some classics and his partnering with Lou Reed and J Mascis was fantastic.

Off to the SXSW festival in March. I am really looking forward to that and hopefully the Austin Attic show!

4 comments:

PDBT said...

Cathy:
Have a great time at SXSW in March. It must be amazing, I have never been.
Do give a full report, I know you will...
Ciao fo rnow
-Lin

Anonymous said...

Cathy - It was a great night indeed. It was nice to see you and Colleen again, as well as the other bloggers that were milling about. Glad you liked the pictures.

Jon

Gary said...

Hi Cathy, what a carry on getting tickets today.. but, patience pays off I guess. I'm really excited about the show, but it is going to be hectic because we'll be driving up following my sis-in-law's 40th birthday, hope my wife is up to it, I know I am. I'm excited Jack Black and Ben Harper will be there.

So, you are going to SXSW, I've always wanted to go there, not even for that event, just to sample some of Austin's music scene. Well, have fun in Texas and have a great weekend. Don't forget to have a listen to Jason's song. It's amazing.

Casey Quinn said...

Hi Cathy!

Sorry I missed seeing you again too! The show was nothing short of amazing, wasn't it? Wow. I had so much fun. I'm totally jealous if you get to see them at sxsw. I think they're planning on Martha Wainwright and Sean Lennon for that one and those guys sure put on one incredible show last time. Good luck on getting into that!

casey