Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bob From Sesame Street!


Went to NYC for the weekend. On Monday, I went to the Barnes & Noble store in Lincoln Center where Melissa Riggio, Rachel Fuller and Bob from Sesame Street did a show to highlight Down's Syndrome. I forgot how much I loved Bob from Sesame Street!

The show went really well. Melissa was nervous at first - who wouldn't be? All those people staring at you and a microphone stuck in your face. I remember the first time I had to talk to a crowd of over 100 people. Public speaking had never been much of an issue, but I stood in front of about 600 people and I totally went blank and my opening didn't go as smoothly as I had planned. It happened once again when the group was about the size of about 130 people.

When she was with Rachel, though, singing, she began to relax and I hear when she did the TV interviews, she was very eloquent.

After the event, it was great having lunch with Jon, Lisa, Lin, Colleen and Bryan. We were all heading to Joe's the next day. And, everyone was psyched because they had the opportunity to speak with Pete and have their photos taken with him. Despite having some woman hand him a pile of albums to sign, Pete was in a relatively good mood and very gracious to the bloggers.


6 comments:

grace said...

Hi Cathy, how are you? what an great experience at B & N. Rachel and Melissa together must have been inspiring, I imagine Melissa was nervous. But with Rachel, I can see that she would feel comfortable. And what I hear Joe's Pub was just fantastic. Pete has been so gracious with the bloggers and fans. I met him once and he was very gracious. take care, xx grace

Sarah said...

Hi Cathy! It was great to see you too at Joe's! I was so impressed with Rachel Y...I want to get some of her music also.

So that's the guy from Sesame St that was at B&N? I think I remember watching him! That's so cool that he was there.

Hope you had fun at the show, ttyl. x

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

Good to see you the other night; it was simply amazing. I was thinking of going to the B&N event but it was pretty cold and I thought it might be too crowded for my family.

Sully

Anonymous said...

And don't forget to put me down as a Rachel blogger...I have to start creating a list myself. I'm so far behind!

Sully

PDBT said...

Cathy:
Thanks for the shout out on your comments from B&N. Lunch was very nice and it was great to sit with ya for a bit. Sorry Lisa and I were rambling so much about Pete...
our life stories concerning him were very similar.

Be good
see ya soon, I'm sure

-Lin

Fleur de Bee said...

Sounds like a blast, wish I could have been there! Enjoy all the shows and maybe meet again along the way!!

xx