Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

My family generally all get together at Thanksgiving rather than Christmas. My brother lives in Iowa with his family. I have a sister who lives in Alabama with her family and another sister who lives in California with her daughter. I am in Pennsylvania, as is my Mom. And, I have lots of relatives that live in the NY area who also come down for Thanksgiving. We usually gather at my Mom's house.

This year, because we all got together in July and rented a large house in the Outer Banks, my brother and the CA sister are not coming in for the holiday. It will seem strange not to have them here. But we had a great time in July. And I was just in California for the last Attic show so I got to see my sister then.

Family members can be a challenge at times, but I love having all of us together. Even if sometimes, I need to go find an empty room and get away from them! =)

I have so much to be thankful for, too much to list here, but just wanted to say,

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and is able to spend some time with their loved ones - family and/or friends.

5 comments:

Gary said...

It's so moving reading what the soldiers wrote in that web site Cathy. Thank you for telling me about it. I will definitely be putting something together and trying to spread the word.

Metalchick said...

Hi Cathy,
Happy Thanksgiving!

Metalchick said...

Hello again,
I'm sorry that you're having trouble commenting on my blog. I know it's because you switched to Beta. I'm afraid to switch because Blogger says that once you do, you can't go back. Once everybody has switched, then I will, I have to be 100% sure though.
I didn't allow anonymous comments because I prefer to know who the comments are coming from, but I'll go ahead and allow them, so you can leave comments on my blog. I will just moderate them so that no trolls get their nasty comments in.

Sarah said...

Hey Cathy! I was planning on going to Hershey but have decided to be smart and save the money. Going to Joe's though, and I can't wait. You're going right? Hope so, and if so will see you there! :)

Fleur de Bee said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you. I didn't really check my email or sites until now that I am back from NYC and DC. LONG trip it seemed and now I have a head cold LOL. Almost went to PA with Colleen but my little one got ill too so we flew out a day early to get back home. Hope you are well and enjoyed the concert. You at the Attic Jam tonight?

XX