Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fuller and Townshend in LA


It was another great time at the Attic show - this time in the Los Angeles area. Dave and I stayed with Kris, my sister, in ORANGE county. She was our chauffeur and our photographer for the trip. It was a whirlwind trip - flew in Monday evening, took in the show Tuesday night, got up before dawn on Wednesday and flew back home. Needless to say, we slept on the plane home (at least we tried to sleep).

Wish I was a foot taller and then maybe I could have seen the stage. I would have liked to see Rachel, Pete, Mikey, Simon, Minnie, E, and Billy playing rather than only hearing them. But what I heard was wonderful.

We met lots of other bloggers and their friends and family members. Tracy was great to hang with at the bar. Kris and I really enjoyed her company. Molly, who tried so hard to organize a pre-concert dinner and a post-concert party had to contend with traffic jams and people who had difficulty following directions. We would have preferred to eat at the Cheesecake Factory than at the Hotel Cafe!! ColleenM flew across the country, like us, to see the show.


Krissie, who lost her voice to a cold, still managed to scream very loudly when we were attacked by the monster cockroach in the Ladies Room. That thing must have been rabid - it ran right at us regardless of the light! And, it was too fast to step on!


But she was a great sport - even though she wasn't feeling good and stayed out very late with us Tuesday night, she dragged herself out of bed Wednesday at 4:30 am to drive us back to the LAX airport. After that, she had to go to work since she had an important meeting with an important customer.

At the Meet & Greet, we were able to spend some time with Mikey. He is a down-to-earth, charming guy who really shined at the concert that night. Everyone was very impressed with his performance and his talent that night. We missed him at the first Joe's Pub Attic show and were very happy he was able to come to the US later in the tour. It was wonderful talking to him and we hope we get the opportunity to do so again in Chicago or NYC at the second Joe's Pub event.

8 comments:

Metalchick said...

Hi Cathy,
I not sure if I did meet you, but I remember meeting Dave, who was very nice.
I like your account of this event! It was a great show! I also had a lot of fun!
I'm glad you met Mikey too, he really is the nicest and most approachable guy ever! Did you see my picture with him yet? I have it up on my blog along with my account of this event.
I'm also sorry that we couldn't make it to dinner. I was riding with Molly and we really were trying to get there. Thank god I had mapquest directions with me to the Hotel Cafe, otherwise we would've took longer finding it.

Gary said...

Hi Cathy, great pictures. Great night wasn't it. These are special shows. :-) now back to normal life ay..

Anonymous said...

Hey there Cath! Glad you all had fun. Tracey was awesome so loved meeting her, but that cockroach well that is another story!!! But I think my favorite part was flirting with the hot guy Greg that works there. Yummy boy! I enjoyed the visit and am almost back to normal health wise.

The pics were awesome! You look amazing!

Gotta run. xxoo

Fleur de Bee said...

Hey Cathy!

Loads of fun meeting you ! Like I said, if and when I make it back to PA I will ring you up for a visit and we can hang! Your sister was great and dang funny and I seriously thought she was making up that cockroach bit LOL. Bathrooms scared me to bits!

Cheescake Factory would have been fun for sure. Perhaps we can go AFTER the show next time! Have fun with Colleen at the next show! I miss her tons already!!! She's one amazing woman :)

Keep Dave in line for all of us hehe. You two rock!

xxxx-Molly

Metalchick said...

Hi Cathy,
You have been added to the bloggers list on my blog, and I have left you a special welcome on my bloggers list post.

Sarah said...

hey cathy! thanks for the comment...yep, i'm going to hershey thanks to dave and colleen who will be picking me up, and i can't wait! so excited for that week of shows...i'm going to philly (solo, which kinda stinks) and then hershey and joe's...SOOO can't wait for that. was such a great time in september. not sure if i met you there then? i only first met dave backstage at msg, very nice guy.

hope you are well, talk to you soon. x

Anonymous said...

Great pics Cathy!!!

Bummer I missed the cockroach ;)

Hope in NYC, AC or Hershey or . . .???? Well have more time to catch up!

LaurLaur said...

wish i was with you! hope to see you at AC or Joe's Pub again. great account and fab pics; you look great!