Monday, June 18, 2007

Roller Coasters

We have season passes to a local amusement park. I took my son and his friend on Saturday for the day. If he wouldn't have scheduled the day with a friend, I would have skipped going as I woke up with a bad headache. But we went and I mostly sat by the exits waiting for the boys to get off the rides. When we went into the water park section, I took a nap in the shade for an hour or so while the boys played on the water slides.

I thought I was rid of my headache and went on a roller coaster with the boys. My headache came back with a vengence so once again, I was sitting at the exits waiting. I have always loved roller coasters, but lately I don't know if it is because I am getting older or if the new coasters have gotten too wild for me, but I'm not as excited about them as I used to be. My son only started enjoying coasters last year.

This year, he wanted to go on a coaster he hadn't been on before - it goes from 0-60 in 2 seconds and the entire ride only lasts 60 seconds. I couldn't go on because of my headache, plus I didn't want to leave his friend alone for the time we would wait in line. My son pleaded and begged his friend to go on with him, but his friend refused. My son decided he would go on alone, but was wavering in his decision. He finally strode off to the end of the line and we waited for him to return. Would he go on the coaster by himself or would he return telling us the line was too long...

He went on the coaster and is so proud of himself for doing so. And, I am surprised and proud as well.

2 comments:

grace said...

Me - I stay away from any roller coaster, other than Disneyland - where they are not too crazy. They scare me. At least you got to rest while the boys were on the ride!! Good for him being brave to ride them. Oh, I think he'll do it again!!

zoeentwistle said...

I have never rode on a roller coaster. Don't plan on it either.:) To be honest I am not an amusement park goer. Just the thought of being spun around at the speed of light at heights that would make a bird dizzy just isn't for me.I'd rather be near some water with my music.
An amusement park is definitely not the place to be when one has a headache. Hope your next trip there is a better one.

Zoe