Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Growing Up




It has been a busy month so far. My daughter and her friends graduated from high school, my cousin got married and I had a business trip to Chicago.

Graduation was something my daughter has been waiting for for a long time. She has found high school to be too full of drama. I am happy that she has always been self-confident enough to get through high school without succumbing to peer pressure, not letting the cliches get to her. Teenage girls can be so mean to each other. I thought I would avoid that with my son, but I'm finding even 11-year old boys can act like that.




The weekend after graduation, we had her graduation party. Immediately following the party, we drove to a harbor city where my cousin was getting married. About 30 of us had dinner there and then spent the night. The next morning, we went to the cruise ship for the wedding. They got married on the ship and then sailed to Bermuda for their honeymoon. Some of the wedding party and guests joined them on the cruise. I had to race to the airport to fly to Chicago for a business trip.


Most of my pictures from the wedding were horrible. The room was fairly dark and even though it was cloudy and overcast outside, the windows were very bright. So my pictures were either too light, too dark or too blurry.


7 comments:

colleen m said...

I am always stunned how much your dd looks like you!!! She looks very very happy as does the bride. Both look beautiful -- thanks for sharing

xox

Anonymous said...

Lots of change, huh? Amazing when you think back on her first day of school? Seems like it all happened in a week.

Sully

Nabonidus said...

I've been meaning to post for awhile, was working my way up-
I meant to mention that's too bad about the birds nest...
I also wonder
if we'll ever see peace in the middle east. I'm not very hopeful on that one.

Looking at these photos, wow-your daughter is so gorgeous, but I do see where she gets her looks.;) You look great with your hair longer, Cathy!
And congratulations to you both.
Her for graduating and you for having a great daughter. You should be proud! But I know you must be a great mom, too.:)

boogaloo dude said...

congrats for your daughter's graduation cathy. the photo of the two of you is lovely.
love, elizabeth
(solaka)

grace said...

those are wonderful photos Cathy.

Congrats!!

As far as Britney, what a great name by the way!! The more calm YOU are as the pack leader for the loud noise, the more calm she will be. If you escalate the energy with her, even being silly, that could increase her energy, so YOU need to remain calm, for her to remain calm. She will feed off your energy. I am not an expert, but I try to be the best pack leader. And I learn alot from the Dog Whisperer, and my own experiences. Your dog reads you like a book.!! Keep the calm energy you flow, into the dog.

let me know how it goes

Ahvarahn said...

Cathy, the photos and your description evokes memories of fond moments for me. Your pictures are wonderful. Life isn't always easy, but moments like these make everything extremely worthwhile. Congrats to all the celebrators!

Paul

Cathy with a C said...

Thanks everyone. I am amazed every time I look at my daughter at how beautiful she is - although she does not think so. She is much more confident than I was at her age. And, while independent in her thinking, at times, she is still very dependent on me. When she had to go to her college for a placement exam, she wanted me to take off work for the day to go with her. I made her go by herself telling her I couldn't go to college with her, the other kids would laugh at her. She did fine and scored much higher than she expected.

Cathy xox