Saturday, November 15, 2008

Latest Updates

Can't believe it has been so long since I've made a new entry! I've been very active on the net - just not on my own blog or even in visiting others.

So will write more later in case anyone still drops by, but the latest updates are:

  • Puppy is still not housebroken. In fact, she just went in the hallway. I need to figure out how to clean my son's one bed as she pee'd all over it the other day and he didn't tell me about it until about 8 hrs later. She has other bad habits as well and is proving to be challenging.
  • First dog and puppy get along very well now and enjoy playing tug of war with a knotted rope.
  • Work is still insanely busy.
  • My son's football team got into the playoffs and just lost their final game tonight.
  • My car was broken into and I lost a bunch of electronics that were not fully covered by insurance.
  • I'm thinking about getting a new car - decision may be accelerated a little more due to the break-in and the fact that I need to replace my GPS, my satellite radio, and my radar detector.
  • My daughter just celebrated a birthday and is working two jobs and going to college.
  • Went to the Who concert in Philadelphia at the end of October and had a great time with other Wholigans and a friend from work.
  • Had many spirited political debates in the last few months. Am hoping that Obama lives up to his promises and that the world will be a much better place in a few years (or at least heading in a better direction!)
  • My uncle who had a lung transplant is doing so well! Most of the family will be in town for Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I will have a house full - 2 cousins, another dog, and at least one sister, maybe two - plus I'm sure the five cousins will be in and out for the week. And, he and his family will be here as well (not staying with me, but at my other aunt's.
  • I redid my family room, but still need to finish up a little more painting. Looks good but the sectional couch I bought is a little big for the room. First quarter next year, I want to re-do my bathroom and replace a broken dishwasher, but I'll have to wait for my bonus to do that.

2 comments:

Chris Capp said...

Hi Cathy,

So glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't posted in ages! Sounds like you have a lot going on. I'm glad you got to see The Who in Philly on that historic occasion of three major events within a few feet of each other! I saw them last week in L.A. and I don't think they've ever sounded better. It was a splendid show.

All the best for a happy Thanksgiving with your relatives. Can't believe the holidays are upon us!

Best,
Chris Capp

grace said...

Happy Thanksgiving Cathy. Well...I can see why you haven't been blogging much with that list!!

sorry about your car, that is a bummer. And the housebroken thing, that is a tough one. I hope that will change for you soon. And glad your uncle is doing well.

take care, xo