Friday, August 08, 2008

Foxy - a New Addition


We have a new puppy, Foxy, a 3-month old mixed Labrador. Foxy is supposed to be housebroken, but she has christened my bedroom twice already. Once, right after she was outside and had already gone outside. She is very attached to my son already and cries when he leaves the room. In fact, because of my fear about her making more messes, I have a baby gate across the steps to the lower levels (have a split-level house) but to get to him, she has jumped over the gate three times down the stairs. She's learned now, I think, that I'm going to yell and bring her back upstairs, so now she's sleeping at my feet while I visit blogs and update my own.

I'm not used to puppies anymore. She jumped up on the kitchen chair and then onto the table. I have to keep an eye on her constantly!

3 comments:

grace said...

Puppies are a handleful. But with lots of guidance and attention Roxie will be wonderful. She is adorable Cathy.

xox

ps: how is uncle Mike?

Metalchick said...

Puppies are cute, but I have no patience for them anymore. I used to have one, but we gave him to someone else cause he wasn't getting enough attention from us. I think puppies are more suitable for little kids cause they have a lot more patience, pay more attention, and play with them a lot more.

If you still need help with your puppy, you can always call the Dog Whisperer.

grace said...

Hi there Cathy,

I know that Roxie will get better in time, you are doing great with her, maybe show her more who the pack leaders are, seems maybe she is testing the water still?

hope all else is well, glad to see you stop by. xo