Saturday, December 29, 2007

Crazed Cleaning Woman

Christmas was very nice this year. Both kids were thrilled with their gifts. Jason's were mostly Playstation 3 related. He also liked his skateboard - a pretty cool one that I picked out for him - had to pick the board, the trucks, the bearings, the wheels and a bunch of other parts I can't describe to you. A 20-year old skater dude told me what size board to get, but the rest I did myself (although he did put it all together for me!) Jason is a little upset that I won't let him use it unless he has his helmet on, but that's life. ;-)

Sam, being in college, got a laptop as her big gift. I am so proud of her - she barely made it through high school, but earned a 3.75 in her first semester of college. Don't see her much these days as her other friends are home for semester break and she is hanging out with them as well as working.

My job is really stressing me out. I'm probably worrying more than I should about, but I even dream about it at night. Need to take a yoga class or something. Was talking to one of the guys in NJ who is working on a project with me. He was taken out of the office the other day on a stretcher because he had chest pains - turned out not to be cardiac-related, but probably just stress the doctor said. We talked about how we should just try and relax and go with the flow because there is nothing we can really do about it anyway.

So, what can I control? My surroundings - so I am cleaning out everything this week. I'm going to start the New Year with a clean and organized house. So far, today, I've done the computer desk, kitchen junk cabinet, the oven, one bathroom, two closets and a general clean-up of the kitchen. I think I've mentioned before I can be a bit of a packrat. People say my house is clean, but I'm finding things that should have been thrown away a long time ago - medication that is outdated, toddler aged computer games, even set-up CDs for the computer I had years ago.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Ahvarahn said...

Happy New Year Cath!

I hope you take things easy at work, and not let the stress overtake the important stuff.

Be well, be lucky,
Paul

Chris Capp said...

omg, Cathy, we are kindred spirits. I have spent the last two days ripping the house apart -- from bathroom to kitchen, closets to terrace. Feels good to purge some old stuff and clean up what I'm keeping. I just finished with the refrigerator -- what a nightmare when you look toward the back shelves!

I hope work-related stuff finds its way out of your dreams soon, and all the best for a New Year filled with clean cupboards and stressless nights!

Best,
Chris Capp

Anonymous said...

Good luck in 2008 and thanks for your support. Life is always a whirlwind, isn't it?

Sully

gypsy noir said...

Thank You for your kind wishes Cathy..
Stress is a horrible side effect of life, but used wisely we can turn it to our advantage..
Take good care of you and on behalf of Neil and I Happy New Year ..love, light and things..All the best for 2008..
xx..

Fleur de Bee said...

I am right there with you lady! CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN and even if unmotivated! I just HAVE to get everything done so I have time to do other things. Plus doesn't it make you feel good when it is ALL done!

Thanks for the holiday messages! You are so sweet :)

xx

grace said...

Doesn't cleaning make you feel refreshed? I enjoy it. Like therapy.

Happy New Year Cathy.

Gary said...

Thank you Cathy, I do not read El Tiempo, so this was an interesting surprize article.

Bailey Rae, Tunstall, Stone and Allen are the four in the female group who I really enjoy. Although, I can't get into Winehouse, mostly due to her tabloid image, and I know that's wierd, but I must have a degree of respect for an artist in order to like their music.

Thanks for copying the URL for us.

Bex said...

Hi Cathy

Wishing you a Very Happy New Year x

Lots of love Bex