Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Great Decider

Unfortunately, President Bush was in my hometown the other day. Luckily I was at work 80 miles away and didn't have to deal with him and his entourage. He came here to announce why he was vetoing the Children's Healthcare bill.

From the newspaper, I got a list of Bushisms that he managed to say while here. It's enough to make you cry that this man is the President of the United States.

My job is a decision-making job. And as a result, I make a lot of decisions.

I always tell Condi Rice, "I want to remind you, Madam Secretary, who has the Ph.D. and who was the C student. And I want to remind you who the advisor is and who the president is.

I got a lot of Ph.D. types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, "Mr President, here's what's on my mind." And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device (sic), I decide, you know, I say, "This is what we're going to do." And it's "Yes, sir, Mr President." And then we get after it, implement policy.

When talking about cutting taxes, he said
You know, when you give a man more money in his pocket -- in this case a woman more money in her pocket -- to expand a business, it -- they build buildings. And when somebody builds a new building, somebody has got to come and build the building. And when the building expanded, it prevented (sic) additional opportunities for people to work.

3 comments:

Suesjoy said...

Ok I am not so depressed about living in Taiwan anymore!

It IS sad and really frightening that he is president.

Thank you for stopping by my blog Cathy!
I'm sorry I don't like J&J. I DO love Band-aids though! hee hee hee

xx

grace said...

I stay away from commenting on our current admistration. :(

Nabonidus said...

This makes me feel sick. What an idiot.
I am like many that have to turn away
because I get too upset about it all.
I realize that accomplishes nothing but we can't really do anything at this point to get him out of office. The health care situation disgusts me
and hits close to home. :(

But in more cheerful news, it's nice to see you, Cathy! :)
I've actually lurked here recently catching up, but was called away before I posted. I did get to
read your "tagged" info. Interesting stuff! You and I both were in those saturday "gifted" classes! I knew you were bright, though. ;)
Have a good week!xo