Sunday, July 08, 2007

Great to see Mac again




Schuyler and I packed up the kids and went to NJ Friday where we met up with Colleen. Leaving the kids in the hotel, we headed into New York City to see Ian McLagan and the Bump Band at BB King's. Colleen and I had seen Mac in Austin at SXSW. First time for both of us, but we made sure we caught their act three times.

Our table at first was off to the side, but fortunately for us, some people left the center table so we asked to switch seats. We were looking for Lynne who is Mac's assistant - turns out, she was sitting right below us in the lower level. Our new seats were perfect.

The show was too short, partly our fault because we got there a little late. Hotel had no restaurant due to renovations so we had to feed the kids before we could leave. But after the show, we had the opportunity to meet Mac again and spend a few minutes talking to him. Like a past experience with Pete, it was deja vu when the guy behind us in line had an armful of old record albums that he wanted signed. We let him go in front of us so we would have more time to chat with Lynne and Mac.

Mac and the boys are touring this summer so if you have the opportunity to catch up with them, have a great time!




5 comments:

Suesjoy said...

Hi Cathy!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I shouldn't whine so much...I just thought it was cute how they worded the blurb about the Intestine Stand!

I am not very familiar w/Ian MacLachlan. I do know he was in the Small Faces and was married to Mandy Moon's mom.
That's all I know about him though.
Glad you had fun and got to see Colleen.
Take care!
Suexx

Suesjoy said...

oops i spelt Ian's name wrong.

Love the countdown to the end of the Bush era. I will be celebrating in Taipei on THAT day.
I don't even care if a Republican gets in again.
I am rooting for Bloomberg at this point...

grace said...

What a fun fantastic time Cathy!

xx

Suesjoy said...

Fantastic post about Live Earth on the forum Cathy! You are so eloquent.
xxxxx

colleen m said...

That was a grate night!! Where did you get such a good pic?