Monday, April 02, 2007

My Son Hates Me

My son is mad at me because I have to work tomorrow. I work away from home four days a week, but generally his sister is here when he first gets up. I leave for work very early and she won't be home tomorrow to wake him up later. So, it's my fault. I'm a horrible mother and he hates me. But tomorrow, he'll love me again.

===========================================================
According to this internet quiz, I'm actually a pretty cool mom.

You Will Be a Cool Parent

You seem to naturally know a lot about parenting, and you know what kids need.
You can tell when it's time to let kids off the hook, and when it's time to lay down the law.
While your parenting is modern and hip, it's not over the top.
You know that there's nothing cool about a parent who acts like a teenager... or a drill sergeant!

8 comments:

colleen m said...

See I told you you were a cool mom. Now lets see what I get . . . . lol

grace said...

You ARE a cool Mom, how many Moms love The Who and Rachel! And go to live shows, he'll see the light. He most certainly will love you tomorrow, and the next!! It's a tough job!! Teenager/drill sargeant. Tough call!!

PDBT said...

Just cams by to say HEY and see how you are, so how are ya?

Have you come down from the high of SXSW yet.
BTW, I love the 'Bush out of office' timer you have on yer blog, funny stuff!

Be well...
-Lin

Mark T said...

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your comments. I am sure you are a great Mum and your son will, I am sure, love you tomorrow. All boys love their Mums.

All the best

Mark

Nabonidus said...

Hey, it's obvious that you're a great mom! There are previous posts that
prove this without your saying anything about it. :)
And as I'm sure you know, he is lucky that you don't have to work 6 days a week! A lot of people do! lol, remind him of this, maybe. I laughed because I had an image of you saying this to him. And your son rolling his eyes and saying "I know, I know" or something like this. :)

zoeentwistle said...

I agree with Grace. How many mom's like The Who? All the cool ones!! I took my son to see The Who when he was 11. He is 29 now and still tells me that was the best place I ever took him to. When he was 3 he went trick or treating as Pete Townshend. I loved it when the neighbors asked him who he was suppose to be and he told them. Then they looked at me and said that figures. It was fun.

You will have these great memories when he grows up and tells you that you are a cool mom too.


Zoe

And I don't think he hates you. :)

grace said...

Hi Cathy, See - he is seeing the light, he's thinking, yeah, my Mom is cool! I just need to remember that!!! Hope more and more mornings he realizes that, makes life easier, huh?

xx

boogaloo dude said...

Of course you're cool! Prrof is that your son wants you home with him!
Elizabeth Solaka