Sunday, November 25, 2007

Home For the Holidays

My family generally gets together for Thankgiving. This year, though, my brother and his family won't be coming until March. My sister from California did not come in for the holidays. My mom is going there for Christmas. So, only my sister from Alabama came up for the week with her kids. But surprising news, was that my Uncle Mike came down from Long Island for the holiday. My aunts and cousins were also there. It was a great time full of fun and laughter, and of course, football!

My Uncle Mike did well, but there was a moment at the dinner table, when it was obviously very difficult for him to breathe. My niece had accidently set the level on his oxygen bottle to the lowest setting. It is sad to see how sick he has become and I hope that he is able to get a lung transplant in time.

Went to see the movie "Dan in Real Life" on Saturday. I heard so many good things about it on Rachel's blog from some bloggers and had to see it. It was a great movie. Think it has been overlooked. Anytime I told someone I was going to see it, they said they had never heard of it. The theater was pretty empty although the rest of the theaters at the complex seemed busy.

3 comments:

grace said...

Hi Cathy,

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family, I am glad Uncle Mike was there. I have not seen Dan in real life, as Pete attracted my attention in the commercial!!!

take care xx

Rich Greiner said...

Hi Cathy, your slipping on your blogging! I have a mp3 of a xmas song I did if you want to hear it. Drop me a line. Hope the holidays are going well.

grace said...

Wishing you a Happy X-Mas Cathy, hope you are well.